Youth and Sustaining Peace
The project overall aim to create a platform of the solutions for the sustaining peace in Ukraine and worldwide through starting an intercultural dialogue and network between Ukrainian young leaders and their peers across the world.
The main theme will be explored through six following topics:
– Environmental Peacebuilding: Dealing with Environment-powered Conflicts
– Conflict Resolution and Violence Reduction: The Role of Youth in Sustaining Peace
– Social Entrepreneurship: Building Resilience and Sustaining Peace
– Opening Dialogue Between Communities: The Role of Arts in Peacebuilding
– Building Peaceful Communities: The Role of Interfaith and Intercultural Dialogue
– Education and Initiatives for the Culture of Peace and SDGs
The key questions we aim to answer throughout the Summit are:
– How peacebuilders, working in fragile states, can integrate climate risks and considerations into their work to ensure that it is sustainable and that it supports the transition from fragility to peace?
– What are the ways we engage young people and women in building a sustaining peace? How SDG’s can shape them to become agents of change in locally-led peacebuilding?
– Can businesses play a role in peace and sustainable development? How can youth adopt social entrepreneurship as a peacebuilding tool to end structural violence and social inequality?
– Does art bring us closer to sustaining peace? What is the evidence for the contribution of the arts to the security and stability of countries in states of fragility, conflict and transition?
– How some of the greatest risks of violence today stem from perceived inequalities between different groups?
– How the arts can address them? And what is it about the arts that can make it an effective force for sustaining peace?
– How is accepting the oneness of humanity key to just, peaceful & inclusive societies? What does it take to build a truly effective and inclusive of all sectors of society intercultural dialogue?
– What is the role of faith-based organisations and religious leaders in promoting sustaining peace?
– What is the role of education in promoting peace? How does education for sustainable development contribute to sustaining peace?
– How new innovative ideas and unexpected collaborations based on SDG’s can shape the future?
– How can we shift from good intentions into tangible actions? And why young people are key to achieving the SDGs?
Summit’s activities are designed to create a multinational functional dialogue and to inspire the development of new tool and creative means to build a sustaining peace. Besides, the event aims at providing a number of networking sub-events including activities and enhancement of the Y2Y Alumni Network, which serves as a hub for socially-beneficial actions and a space for strengthening unity between youth from different continents and regions of the world.